Humble Angel Records
Humble Angel Records is a North East based digital music label startup.
Humble Angel Records wanted a Playlist Alert app that provides push notifications whenever a track you ‘follow’ is listed on a Spotify playlist, within hours of the listing taking place.
We developed a Native iOS App, built in Swift, that can track over 1 million tracks. It scrapes playlists listed in the Playlist Alert database, and watches the position, appearance, and disappearance of tracks from those playlists. If a change to the items on a playlist is made, then a push notification is sent to any users who ‘follow’ that track.
There is also an option for in-app purchases for a monthly paid-for subscription option. It is used by music artists and music labels worldwide, with currently over 20,000 playlists tracked live via the app.
More technical details include:
- API built in Django Framework, using the Python language
- Heavy use of official Spotify API, and Spotify Login in the app, and of the Postgresql SQL database
- Hosted on Amazon Web Services using the high-availability Elastic Beanstalk deployment technology for scalability and reliability
- Task management via Celery
- Caching of data via Redis NoSQL datastore