This document sets out what you can expect of us regarding how we look after your user information. We are users too, and share your zeal in wanting to keep what is private, private.
We seek to abide by the letter and spirit of the guidelines laid out by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office in the document 'Privacy Notices – Code of Practice'.
We will never share your user information with third parties for promotional purposes without your consent.
Nebula Labs Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22/06/2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full Name
- Email address
- Browser/OS preference
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think may be of interest, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or postal mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
As part of our overall approach to privacy and transparency, this section describes what cookies are in the context of our web and mobile interfaces, and what their use means to you. At the end, we've included some links to help you research cookies and their impact, and how you can use your web browser to control the way it manages cookies.
What are cookies?
According to Microsoft:
"Cookies are a very small text file placed on your hard drive by a web page server. It is essentially your identification card, and cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. It is uniquely yours and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. A Cookies purpose is to tell the server that you returned to that web page."
What cookies do we use?
In this section, we explain what cookies are used in the overall service we provide to our users, and how you can switch off cookies via a setting in your browser.
These cookies are only used by us, and the information they contain is not shared with anyone else.
List of services we use which use their own cookies:
- We use Google Analytics to understand general trends about our content and traffic sources: for example, where users come from, which pages are most popular, which sites provide most traffic and how our marketing efforts impact the amount of visits we receive. Google's statement about privacy is here: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
- We use Facebook Connect to allow you to share content via our platform without having to fill our your details - saving time and effort. Facebook's statement about privacy relating their Connect feature is here http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=229348490415842; and also here http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#anothersite
- We use Twitter button, Instagram and Pinterest which allow our users to more easily share the content they like on our website with their followers. The privacy policies can be found at - https://twitter.com/privacy, https://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/?hl=en, https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
More information about cookies
Links which provide more information about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Link explaining how to switch off cookies in various browsers: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights regarding your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission, or we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Nebula Labs Ltd., Campus North, Sunco House, 5 Carliol Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6UF, or email firstname.lastname@example.org